Book Now » 804•285•2800
Going blonde is so fun— there's a saying about that, right? ;) It's bright, cheerful and always an awesome change. The thing is, blonde hair can sometimes feel like damaged hair. It's just the nature of the process; once you strip the cuticle of its pigment, you’re also stripping it of its natural strength. And since hair is dead, it can’t heal itself. But! That doesn’t mean that your hair has to look damaged or that you can’t bleach your hair in a safe way— that’s what our talented team of Designers is here for. We’ve put together a list of 5 hair healthy tips to help you navigate the most effective and easy ways to keep your bleached hair looking and feeling happy and healthy.
1. Get regular trims. Not surprisingly, your ends are the most damaged after you bleach your hair. To help keep split ends, flyaways and fuzzy texture to a minimum, be sure to see your Designer every 4 to 6 weeks for a trim. It will make your hair look healthier and will keep your split ends from crawling up the shaft and damaging even more of your hair.
2. Use color safe shampoo and conditioner. We’re huge fans of the Aveda Color Conserve range. Not only are the products natural and gentle, they’re also specially formulated to seal and smooth your hair cuticle so it continues to look shiny and healthy.
3. Change up your look. If your platinum hair is beginning to look brittle, talk to your Designer about doing a root drag or balayage technique instead of all over color. He or she can seamlessly blend in some less intense color so you’re not covering your roots every four weeks‑ it’ll be a lifesaver for your wallet and hair health!
4. Hair masks are your friends. Whether you’re slathering coconut oil on your ends two nights a week before your morning shower or you’re using the Bumble and Bumble Mending Masque, giving your tresses an extra boost of hydration is so important.
5. Make a clean break. The cleansing agents in your shampoo can be drying, even if you’re using a quality product! Try taking a two or three day break between washing to give your hair a chance to build up its natural oils again.
Call Us >> 804•285•2800
Book Online >>