Who is Mango / Culture / FAQs
WHO IS MANGO?
Founded in 2003 with the mission to provide the Richmond area with exceptional, professional hair services to every guest, every time.
We started as a small salon in Westhampton and have since grown into three locations that serve thousands of guests each month.
Whether you’re an Apprentice or Designer 7 with experience, in the Reservation Center or in the Central Office, you are an essential part of the Mango team.
We find our success through the hard work and dedication of our amazing team.
noun: a tool that charts your career progression and helps you plan and reach your goals
- A profession with perks
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Life & long-term disability
- Retirement plans with profit sharing
- Virginia 529 College Savings Program
- Paid time off
- Team member discount programs
- Education & training programs
- Industry-leading products and tools
- Engaging, creative culture
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- In-house artistic team
- Supportive culture
- Engaged leaders invested in your success
Collaboration and input is encouraged in our culture. We believe our team is the key to our future success.
The beauty industry is constantly changing; we are committed to evolving with it.
TYPES OF EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
Our Mango Academy offers continuing education for all team members:
- Aveda international educators
- NYC and DC classes
- In-house educators
- Varied curriculum
- Virtual learning programs
What can you be @ Mango?
- Creative | Fulfilled | Balanced
- Valued | Satisfied | Contributing
- Happy | Engaged | Social
- Successful | Talented
- Respected | Appreciated
WHAT IT’S REALLY LIKE @ MANGO
- Variety | Team Environment | Flexibility
- Fun | Growth | Learning
- Fruitful | Limitless Possibility
- Rewarding | Energetic
- Inspirational | Challenging
The possibilities for growth and earnings are limitless; we encourage all our team members to challenge themselves.
AWARDS AND ACCREDITATION
- Named one of the Best Salons in RVA by multiple local publications (Richmond Magazine, Virginia Living, Style Magazine)
- Top 200 Salon by Salon Today magazine
- Best Salons of the Year by Salon Today
- Best Locally-Owned Salon in Richmond Magazine Readers’ Choice 2021
- Best of Virginia Living 2021
- State of Virginia-licensed Apprentice Program
- When Work Works Award
- Top Workplace Award, Small Business category, Richmond Times Dispatch
- Runner-up for The Sterling Award by Richmond SHRM
- ARE YOU HIRING?
We are always looking for passionate, positive, professional and punctual people to join our team!
- WHERE DO I APPLY?
- WHAT’S THE APPLICATION PROCESS LIKE?
There are multiple stages and interviews for each position so we can get to know you—and you can get to know us!
- WHAT SHOULD I WEAR TO MY INTERVIEW?
- I APPLIED ONLINE. HOW LONG DOES IT NORMALLY TAKE TO BE CONTACTED AFTER I APPLY?
Our Human Resources director will contact you via email or phone within a week.
- WHAT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP?
- I’M NOT A HAIR STYLIST BUT WOULD STILL LOVE TO WORK AT MANGO. ARE THERE OPPORTUNITIES FOR ME?
We have a number of roles in our Guest Services, Salon Management and Corporate Office that are non designer.
“We are committed to seeing every Team member thrive; both programs include a full-time employment component so you can earn a living while learning.”